Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hooked

I remember CKLW fondly, from my youth. My listening began pretty much at the same time that CKLW began using the "Drake Format" around 1967 or 1968. And it ended for the most part around the same time that CKLW started to decline some as well, (due to a variety of factors, the CRTC, the increasing popularity of FM with it's inherently better sound, etc.) in the late 1970's.
My re-interest began a few years ago. Actually, around 2002. That is when I stumbled across a set of CKLW jingles. But my interest hit a whole nuther level when I found a December 1st, 1969 "Big" Jim Edwards aircheck on WinMX. I think I knew every song on that great hour, and once I heard it I was hooked. So, in honor of that momentous moment, (momentous moment?) I present the survey from that week, # 140 featuring, yup, none other than "Big" Jim Edwards. Click on the scans for the full size version.

(Scans Courtesy of Mr. Tom Howard)

No comments: